We’ll have a bunch of great stuff with us, including SCALEMATES, Homestuck Calendars, prints, and trinkets.In addition to all that, we’re debuting a few things that we are quite excited about! These things include:GOD TIER BAFFLERS by Chris Yates. These are handcrafted, one-of-a-kind jigsaw puzzles that double as fascinating sculptural pieces of art. Since they are meticulously cut and painted one by one, our supply will be limited. The backs of the Bafflers are very signable, so you can get yours signed by Andrew and Chris!
BETA KIDS TEES featuring artwork by Homestuck Calendar and Print artist Rendigo. John, Rose, Dave, and Jade t-shirts with pops of neon color!
I never post on Tumblr, so I’m hoping my few followers can help me get this word out by reblogging…
I work for a hotel that hosts a major US con every year. I love anime and I go to cons myself, but I am going to be blunt about some of the problems we have and how we deal with them. I don’t know why people lose common sense when attending cons. I realize that most con-goers are young, and probably haven’t traveled alone before. They’re also really excited to go to a con and to see people they’ve only chatted with on line.
But…things have gotten out of hand.
So, please…read this list of Bad Behaviors that I’ve seen over the past three years and please…don’t do them!
1. Completely Trashing Rooms. I have part of the team that has to take pictures of the damages left behind after a con. We will bill you. Sometimes, we won’t even tell you. We’ll just charge it on your credit or debit card. Again, the tiny print in the contract allows us to do this. We take pictures in case you try and dispute the charge with the credit card.
2. Being a Homeless Congoer. These are the people who don’t have a room but figure they can sleep in the lobby, stairwell, hallways, whatever. We’re on to you. We will remove you from the premises. If you are underage, we will still call the police.
3. Being Unable to Pay for Your Room or Food. These are the people who usually make arrangements for rooms with online friends. One friend books the room on a credit card, but when it comes time to settle the bill and the so-called friends are asked to pay their share in cash or come up their own credit card to split…there’s suddenly no money. I feel bad for the person who booked the room, and I’m sorry that you’re not going to make rent, or that your mom is sick, or that you’re a poor college student or whatever. Please don’t stand in the lobby and cry or try to offer me “free art commissions” or the horns off your Homestuck costume. My hotel does not accept those as payment.
4. Having Noise Complaints Lodged Against You. So, that little gathering you decided to have in your room is getting pretty loud and despite two phone calls from the desk asking you to quiet down, you refuse to do so. Guess what, the hotel management is throwing you out. We’ll have our security guards tell you and then the police will escort you from the premises. No, you will not get a refund. No, we don’t care you have nowhere to go. Maybe those two phone calls should’ve clued you into the problems you were causing.
6. Acting Like You Own the Hotel. These are the people who think that since they paid X dollars for their con badge and Y dollars for the room they are entitled to do whatever and whenever they want. Here are some of the most ridiculous (and this is by far not an inclusive list):
a. Taking their clothes off and running down the hall
b. Wearing full Homestuck body paint and jumping in the pool and hot tubs.
c. Screaming “KAWAII!” at random people
d. Camping out in the hotel restaurant and not ordering anything
e. Running through a wedding reception in different a ballroom while shouting “HETALIA!!!”
f. Smashing a brand new TV in one of the rooms
g. Sex in the lobby. While in cosplay.
h. Setting up an “art table” in the middle of the lobby. (She didn’t get an artist alley table and was mad about it…
i. Pulling the fire alarm at 3AM and forcing an evacuation (This person was prosecuted. We caught them on tape)
k. A cosplay-photo shoot that went out of control with photographers physically fighting with each other…in the lobby.
One more note: Our manager is really upset about the amount of clean-up required after the Homestuck cosplayers we had last year. Bathrooms and bathtubs were covered in gray body paint, and the pool and hot tubs had to be drained and cleaned because some of them thought that would be a quick way to get it off. Manager is thinking of putting in the contract with the con that they have to ban Homestuck cosplay to prevent this in the future.
So, as a Homestuck, I beg you! Please, please, don’t do this! Clean up after yourself!
PCC Homestuck Meetup
When: Saturday. Looking at 4:13 PM, but if there are many conflicting schedules we can either push the time to be earlier or later (just not late enough that the sun is no longer up)
Where: N 3rd St. and Van Buren, the large dining plaza. The exact location is near Canyon Cafe (formerly Sam’s Cafe) There will be a few of us waiting right at the corner to direct people to the area of the meetup
Some things to remember:
- This is a public area, so please keep voices down. There will be people dining, and we don’t want to disturb them by being incredibly loud (This means no excessive honking of horns too! They are very loud)
- Please be respectful to other people be it others at the meetup or people simply trying to pass by (Do not draw on, or harass anyone in any way, we have had issues with this in the past. Be respectful)
- When it comes time for photos, please move to the bottom of the stairs. Characters’ names will be called out, and those characters will be the only ones to be on the steps. This isn’t to be strict, this is so we have nice photos from the con
- Above all, act as you would in a public setting. Please do not misbehave, as this is not our own personal space. We are simply ‘renting’ it for a bit to take some wonderful pictures and to socialize.
Lastly, before we get everything started, we’ll pass around a notebook. Like in the past, we’ll be doing shipping photos. If a name is already written down just put a mark next to the pairing name to cast a vote. Usually we have time for all of them, but if not we may have to go by the most votes
Hello everyone I’m making a post to let you all know a post containing details of the meetup will be posted up later tonight or tomorrow morning :o)
I have the pictures just cannot make a photoset on my phone, apologies
If for any reason the meetup time of 4:13 on Saturday conflicts with many people’s schedules we can find a time more suitable
Location: San Tan Valley
Astrological Sign: Leo
Favorite Kid(s): Dirk, Dave, and Roxy
Favorite Troll(s): Terezi, Meenah, Karkat, Gamzee
Favorite Misc.: “The Mayor”
Previous Cosplay(s): None yet :(
Future Cosplay(s): I’m going as Terezi to Phoenix Comic Con! Meet up? :)
Skype/IM: Skype: rainbow.cupcake.sprinkles
Anything Else?: Please feel free to message me! I don’t care who you are or how old you are or whatever… I just wanna meet some AZ homestuck fans! Also, if your planning any meetups let me know. I’d love to go to some :)
A casual, no cosplay meetup to tube down the Salt river, and have some campfire fun afterwards at the lake. The entire meet up would last two days, with an overnight stay at the campgrounds by Salt Lake.
The tentative date is June 15-16, which is a Saturday and Sunday.
There will be sign-ups for positions (Drivers, suppliers, etc.) available at a later date.
FOR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE CONTACT:
Hello all you lovely azstuckers! It’s that time of year again!
Pima county fair only comes once a year, and I think we should take full advantage of that by going on some wicked cool rides together. I’ve never planned a meetup before, so bear with me, but as far as I know here are the basics:
Place: 11300 S. Houghton Rd (You can Google maps it)
Who: Anyone who wants to come along (family, friends, non-homestucks, that one special hobo you’ve been dying to take on a group date) This’ll be a non-cosplay event, so anyone who just wants to chill is more than welcome!
Price: $8 for general admission, rides are anywhere from $3-12 each
Time: Apr 18-27 is when the fair is held, but there are a few options for the best days to go. My ideas are:
Friday, April 26, 2013
Reason: Fry’s is offering coupons $10 for 10 rides. This’ll mean that although we’d still have to pay admission, we could ollie on WAY MORE rides! These only work m-f
Downsides: It’s a weekday, and some peeps got school
Upsides: Carnival doesn’t even open ‘til 3pm anyways, and the whole fair is open until midnight so we can ollie in at 4, and not feel like we’re missing anything
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Reason: Saturday tends to be the day most of us have free
Downsides: No real discounts and fair is expensive (there is an admission discount if we all went to bruegers beforehand, but it doesn’t seem worth it)
Upsides: Most time at the fair (there are plenty of things to do besides rides anyways!)
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Reason: FREE ADMISSION until 3:00pm with two cans of unopened food. This’d be a great way for us to help donate, and help all the azstuckers that cant afford to go otherwise
Downsides: A lot of us have work/school monday morning, and wouldn’t be able to stay super late. No ride discounts this day
Upsides: Free admission
I’m leaning towards Friday (if you can’t tell) but I’m more than willing to be persuaded, so whichever day the majority decides on, is fine by me. Just wanted to toss these ideas out there and see what people think. My message box is open, so feel free to contact me any questions or concerns you may have, or just comment on this post
Final information (Exact date/time) will be decided upon and posted on the 18th, to give everyone time to schedule rides/days off work/whatever else
Hey! A few of us are planning on having a meet up at Arrowhead Mall on 4/13
and I think it would be awesome if we got some more people to join us!
You may cosplay if you wish,(I myself am still thinking about cosplaying)just let us know
You must wear an Orange Ribbon!
We would like to chat with you just so its not such a stranger type deal.
If your interested in joining us please contact me
so we can decide on a time that works for everyone.
So I have planned on making a mallstuck meet up at Arrowhead mall this upcoming Saturday and was wondering if anyone else would like to join, my group is very shy about cosplaying and they won’t all go unless if there are more people. If anyone is interested please email me: penguinEnthusiast@gmail.com
HOMESTUCK COSPLAYERS, PLEASE READ. This be important shit, yo.
Please please PLEASE be careful washing off your body paint at the hotel! There is an ANTI-HOMESTUCK MAKEUP rule going on around cons. The problem is due to a large amount of people showering their body paint off without diluting it which causes the pipes of the hotel to clog and ULTIMATELY COSTS THE CON MONEY which means A LOT OF CONS HAVE BANNED BODY PAINT.
Please bring baby wipes, cleaning wipes or anything else you can think of to clean of thoroughly BEFORE rinsing off in the shower to prevent hotel damages! We’d all love to keep cosplaying Homestuck so BE RESPECTFUL OF THE PIPES!
tl;dr: Body paint is being banned because of people not diluting their makeup before showering! BRING BABY WIPES AND USE THEM BEFORE SHOWERING TO GET YOUR BODY PAINT OFF! Please reblog to spread the word, ok? Ok.
submitted by amporagasm